Thursday, November 14, 2002

Well this makes perfect sense to me, as I am an Englishman, and I can explain the rules of cricket to you. Whereas, my wife, and many of my friends are American, and just stare at me blankly when I explain the intricacies of the gentlemanly sport. And then look amazed when I say we can play for 5 days (yes 5 whole days), and then it's a draw.

Honestly Cricket makes more sense than American Football, and is more fun to watch too IMHO. (Please bear in mind cricket is to be enjoyed while dozing in the afternoon sun with a drink in your hand, and tends to be watched/played by a more genteel crowd. The same cannot be said for American Football. Although the drink part seems to be a common thread. :> )

Ice Hockey ! Now there's a sport ! Real men getting into fights, not some over-paid "athelete" who has to wear huge pads because he's a girly sissy.

Update: Mitchell says that Lee is a ponce, and that "Matthew Hayden is not out on 186." sounds more like a sentence fragment than a nugget of information. I anxiously await re-education on the finer points of this sport.

No comments: